- “If you can’t beat them, join them”. To better serve you Northpointe Pediatrics has “gone electronic”; we are now using an Electronic Health Record (EHR), a Patient Portal, and soon, Facebook and Twitter
- Insurance coverage is constantly changing; knowing your coverage prior to your visit may save you both time and money. To better serve you, here is what you need to verify with your insurance carrier prior to every well child/sports physical visit:
- Does my insurance cover well child visits and immunizations?
- Do I have a maximum benefit for well visits and immunizations per year? If so, how much is it and how much of the benefit remains for the year?
- Do I have any co-pays or deductibles on well visits or immunizations?
- Is there an age limit on my well care or immunizations?
- With school starting, influenza (“flu”) season is just around the corner. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends an annual influenza vaccine for: (1) for all children 6 months to 18 years of age; (2) caregivers and family members of high risk and young children; (3) all other children, adolescents and adults which can decrease the impact of the “flu” season. We believe that all children benefit from the protection afforded by the influenza vaccine.
Two forms of the influenza vaccine are available. FluMist® is a painless nasal spray available beginning in September for healthy children and adults, ages 5-49 years. Injectible influenza (“flu shot”) is available beginning in September for anyone who is over 6 months. People with egg allergies may now receive a “flu shot”, but only during a visit with their physician. Whether it is FluMist or the “flu shot” given, those children under 9 years old receiving the vaccine for the first time will need two doses the first season. Parents may also receive a FluMist here. Call today to schedule your “flu” vaccine appointments.
- The AAP recommends that all children ages 4 and over receives a second dose of the chickenpox vaccine (Varivax). Also, all children over 12 months of age should receive the 2 dose Hepatitis A vaccine series.